Monday, March 12, 2007

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch- Changes

How can you be getting older when you still feel like a teenager? TLM called me on my cell today and for the following hour I walked around with this huge, ecstatic and idiotic grin plastered on my face. A sad case, I am.

Yet the weekend had been difficult. A health scare for my mother. A grim reminder that she will not be eternal. The impact and consequences of her disappearance, for Yannick and myself, would be tremendous if it should happen soon. I dread it more than anything.

It was a stark weekend with words like Emergency room, observation, tests, cancer screening. When I saw my boss this morning, she asked me: "So, what happened Thursday?" And I looked at her blankly and last Thursday had been pushed so far away in my mind that I had absolutely no clue what she was talking about. I even forgot to tell her about becoming a Pool Person until she asked me about it.

We don't have any results yet, so, one day at a time.

At work, we're moving Friday into another building and today, I was enormously productive. I packed boxes, I went through all my files and half of my ex-bosse's and boy, did I throw away some paper. Boxes of it. It's very liberating to throw away. I like it. I'm pretty good at it. You wouldn't think so if you saw my house but really, when I do a blitz, I do one heck of a blitz.

Turn and face the strain
Ch-Ch-Changes

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:41 AM

    Changes are good. I'm 100% sure about it. In spite of that song I like actually (The stills, 'Changes are no good').
    So, will you tell us about that phone call???!!!

    ReplyDelete