Sunday, March 24, 2024

Sunshine!

 Yesterday, Dieppe in the snow, today Rocky in the sun, TOMORROW THE WORLD!

Well, or the office.


I’m reading a book by a Frenchman who spent months in Siberia, by lake Baïkal, in a tiny hut. He speaks of the Boreal forest, and of titmice, and I have a feeling his views are not so different from mine today…




I’ve once again bitten more than I comfortably chew. 5.2 km one way, with some steep hiking. But there’s something to be said for the view.


Exhausting, but nice. And when I say exhausting, I mean only for me. Old men were literally jogging past me on the way up.





1 comment:

  1. Emanuelle5:29 PM

    I don't like Mélanie any more, I chose Emmanuelle. You can call me Em :-)
    You are sooooo strong-minded. You do what you say you want to do and that's it. No hesitation, no maybe, you jump right into it and do it. Now I am certain that you were exchanged at birth. You're my total opposite and I don't like myself for it. You are what I would like to be. I am jealous, envious, I feel awful, unhappy, frustrated. Well that might also be because I lack sunlight and have been feeling down, lately ;-) I can only say : I am very proud of you, you are what women should be and very often are, resilient,
    demanding much and obtaining more of yourself, a wonder, a fulfilled woman in many ways. The only thing I could reproach you would be to not answer the call of those many artistic talents you have been showered with.
    But who am I to reproach anything to anybody ? I love you, my darling, thank you for having chosen me, at your expenses, for a mother. You are a very good teacher.

    ReplyDelete