Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Nanuk Chronicles

I'm on a polar bear kick. Polar bears are very appealing, in an anthropomorphic way. They can be very human-like in their attitudes, and very cat-like as well, which I believe is part of my attraction to them.

So in The Nanuk Chronicles, I’m going to post bear pictures. I went through thousands of them and no, I didn’t bother taking note of photo credits. I apologize in advance. I’ve no idea where a lot of them came from. One of my main sources, however, is a stock photo agency called Alaska Stock. All their pictures are copyrighted so they all bear (get it) the name.

Since I’m only an obscure, small, under-read blog, I don’t think any one will mind.

So here we go, all captions written by me of course.

Introducing..... SUMO BEARS!




These guys already have a fan club. Last May, enthusiastic fans created a riot. They are celebrities.


Bear yoga is the latest health craze up North.







Not everybody is equally gifted.


The well known "Sun Salutation":


It's enjoyed in groups:


And not forgotten in captivity

1 comment:

  1. Ok, very cute! If only they were vegetarians...

    ReplyDelete