Thursday, October 25, 2007

Day 3

Yesterday was not so good but today I relaxed and had fun. They have this WONDERFUL thing called mandalas: they're abstract designs that you can color in, photocopies left available on each table. That's right, they don't mind if you color while they talk, because it has been proven that while people are coloring they're paying attention.

Let me tell you I'm going to town on that one. I bought myself my own box of crayons, and I'm being VERY productive, handing in several completed mandalas per day. It makes all the difference for me.

Other than that, I have remarkably little to report… class, hotel, class, hotel.

Still, tomorrow is Friday, and Fridays are ALWAYS fun because we know we have two days off looming.
I miss my workouts terribly. I went running for 45 minutes the day before yesterday and I'm all sore today!!! Sore from running? What is this? Am I not in shape? It's disgusting I tell you.

J asked me about curling in SK. Here was my answer:

All right so Curling is the official sport of Saskatchewan.

To celebrate their sport, every hotel has a miniature rink for clients in addition to a gym.
In the big league, the rinks in SK are twice the standard length of other rinks because the country is so flat, the slide just keeps going, and going, and going…


Glad I taught you something today. Even happier that it's perfect nonsense.

2 comments:

  1. Mandalas rock. Okay. I thought they were weird ad I do not draw them anymore, brcause I lost my inspiration, but I still think they are cool. If you do another one, add the color Teal in there, and think of me. I'll be smiling. Gotta go work on my next post.
    Kisses,

    -Miss C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:20 AM

    Darn, I hadn't even realized you'd started blogging again. Talk about distraction... Welcome back! It was 'bout time!

    I've taken note about the mandala theory and intend to apply it to work in general, and maybe life and everything.

    ReplyDelete