Saturday, July 15, 2006

A kiss and some pirates

Two little girls with telling blue eyes are waiting for their dad, whom I know. I kneel down to be at their level and start chatting with them. They remind me of Ashley and Casey, which I suddenly miss very much. The three of us are hudlled together like conspirators.
When their daddy comes out and sees them and his face lights up. He leans to kiss the eldest. The youngest, a 5 or 6 year-old, goes to him with a fluid movement and, on her tiptoes, raises her face. He leans over and kisses her on the lips, like you do very young children, once, twice, three times because she keeps coming back for more.
He has a wide, soft smile and his face is aglow with a tenderness no word can describe. Their faces are inches from mine, so close that I’m sort of drawn into a moment that was meant only for two.

I stand up quickly and I leave, waving vigorously to the girls who wave back smiling.

What it does to me has just been edited. I cannot get that naked.

Ok, went to see “Pirates” and as announced by my brother, it was of course disappointing. Heh. The witch is pure Anne Rice, more so than “Interview with the vampire” ever was. Outstanding ambiance, lighting and acting.
But however much I like Depp’s funny prononciation, when your understanding of the key plot depends on revelations by characters who all speak with nearly unintelligible funky accents, you miss out quite a bit. Keira doesn’t do it for me and Orlando...wait, was he there at all? So not much fun there, which will not stop me from going to see the third and last installement. And yo ho and a bottle of rhum.

No comments:

Post a Comment