Friday, February 14, 2014

Hooked on Hockey: it's All His Fault!

3 years ago, i knew nothing about hockey. I mean nothing. Nothing. Did not give a s****.
Then a friend of mine put it in his head to teach me about hockey. I'll never know why.

He's a Great Teacher.

I Listened Carefully.

I started learning a few interesting things.
My friend actually plays as goalie.
I went to watch.
I was hooked.
In 3 years, i must have missed only 20-30% of all the matches he played. I simply don't get tired of watching his performances, wonderful or terrible as they might be.
I also watch his practises, as the learning curve is fascinating.
We went to see 2 Canadian matches together. Was great to have his knowledge.
Of course, I will always be biased towards goalies. I watch them more than anybody in the game. Heh. Learned behaviour.

So here comes favourite number one:
Carey Price.


Then, among the "mere" players, comes favourite number two:
Erik Karlsson.


I'm watching Sochi with my heart being in it for Canada, but hoping Sweden will still medal.
In the meantime, i'm watching garage league games, and i still enjoy the heck out of them. As long as my friend plays goalie.

I'm just hoping it won't end in a Canada-Sweden match. Imagine how thorn i'd be!
Thank you friend for introducing me to hockey. The skills involved fascinate me to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment