Saturday, August 23, 2008

Windy



Two good books this weekend:

Cry, The Beloved Country
which has been sitting in my library for years, the only one of my books about Africa that had remained mysteriously untouched. I had tried it before once or twice but didn't have the perspective needed to grasp and enjoy it. Now I do, with a South-African sister-in-law only the cherry on the sundae.

Ayn Rand's Anthem
Controversial, sure, as was all she wrote. But as brilliant as the rest.
I dream I could wake up one day to find that there existed Lucy M. Montgomery, Jane Austen, Tolkien and Ayn Rand's books that I had not yet read. Oh the feast!



Shimmering colors, songs of the wind, chimes brought back from the seaside by my mother... as delightful to listen to as they are to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment