Thursday, August 21, 2008

At The Movies

So I saw the latest Batman.
It's become a cliché to say that Heath Ledger steals the show but he does. He simply does. I took a few minutes to think long and hard whether the hoopla over his performance would have been the same had he not died tragically since. Honestly, I think so! He created a character of such intensity, with peculiar speech, mannerisms, walk… The minute he’s on the screen, you see no one else. Christian Bale is oddly tame and flavourless, almost as a background character, but that’s partly due to the scenario, which gives him little chance to display his acting skills.

I was in the car, on my way to see Tropic Thunder, because I usually enjoy Ben Stiller‘s humor, because the premise sounded good and because a satire of Hollywood is always welcome. But I suddenly realized that even though that’s a movie I want to see and I’m willing to pay for, I’d rather wait for the DVD because most likely the out-takes will be worth the wait. So I turned aound.

Pride and Glory came out. I try to go see most of Norton’s movies but I believe this is the movie adaptation of Motherless Brooklyn. If that’s the case, I’m not so eager because I didn’t really enjoy the book. And if that’s the film, goodness, it’s a project Norton has been working on for, what? the last TEN years or so!

Finally, two movies I’m looking forward to: Body of lies, with Crowe and DiCaprio and, of course, Madagascar 2, with a lion and a zebra!!!!

Be good and don’t abuse the popcorn.

1 comment:

  1. I'ma comment my own. After a little research, Pride and Glory is NOT out yet and NOT from Motherless Brooklyn. Amen.

    ReplyDelete