Wednesday, December 24, 2014

From the BBC

I am a regular on the BBC news website. I find news and articles there that I would never come across anywhere else. To share the joy and wonder, I'm going to create a new column on my blog that will be called, you guessed it, "From the BBC". But I'll put just the bit that is really thought provoking. No context.

Today, on "From the BBC":


Psychologist Dr Arthur Cassidy agrees (...)
"(...) We live in a world where we are expected to conform - not doing so can be an exciting phenomenon.
"Of course, it really depends on which part of the world you are in - culturally speaking. Here in the West, social solitude is still stigmatised. Instead, the cultural norm is to be connected on a day-to-day basis, especially on Christmas Day."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:20 PM

    Not conforming is exciting. Daring. Soothing.

    ReplyDelete