Friday, March 24, 2006

On blogging

Where will it lead, this compulsion since the dawn of times, to leave one’s mark upon the world? Were the arts born from the longing to express oneself or the desire to proclaim one’s existence?

First, there were monuments, sculptures, paintings, music, architecture, literature…then movies…and now blogs. Blogging is not an art, will you argue. Perhaps not. But does it not spring from the same impulses as art? Reaching out to the world, sharing your vision, confirming your existence by expressing your personality?

As on many things, I’m not sure where I stand on blogs. All I know is that there are a few out there that find so enjoyable that I’m ready to endorse the practice with my own participation.

If there are drawbacks to blogging, I’ll discover them as I go. My grand-mother published poetry. My mother wrote a book. My brother wrote a book. For all I know, my cat is recording his memoires. I feel the pressure. I’ll write a blog.

However, becoming a blogger brings on new difficulties : deciding on the blogworthiness of things. Is this thought worth mentioning in a blog? Is that one? How much should I reveal? How much should I hide? Is a blog like a diary? Should I write the Bridget Jones Blog? (Eeeek, no. She annoys me to no end.) I have no fixed idea. I’ll play it by ear…or by nose or other appendices. And in all things, I’ll let my fancy take me to wherever it pleases. How delightful!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

In here, you will find my views on books, movies, celebrities, world events and ordinary life in North America in 2006. You will read about being a mother, a single woman, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a worker, a homeowner, a cat lover, a human being. Tongue in cheek is the word, sarcasm and absurdity are my specialties.

More, I cannot promise. Let’s see where it all leads.

You like it, you hate it, you agree or disagree, reach out and leave your mark on my own in the form of comments.

NAMASTE

Brigitte

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Fantastic! It was about time :-) Welcome to the very self-centered world of bloggers! Many happy posts to you, soeurette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:14 PM

    My God, what a family ! Do we speak on the telephone, do we write letters, do we speak to one
    another face to face ? No sir !
    We blog ! And I love it ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:53 PM

    This, is a test

    ReplyDelete