Saturday, July 30, 2011

At Home with Brigitte

My family left for a 2-week vacation and I find myself blessedly alone, mistress of the house.

First thing I do is clean and decorate. I need to live in a beautiful environment.



This is a "before" picture. After, the cats raided the vase, toppling it, drenching the floor and stealing away with a flower. I came, I saw, I conquered and put things right again. To get even, Elune threw my yet-untouched Tim Hortons coffee on the floor, drenching it a second time. I called her all kinds of sweet names.
I also did a laundry, careful to add plenty of softener because these days, for some reason, I could shave with what comes out of the wash. Of course, I did forget the actual detergent but I consider that a detail. Heh.

I went flea market hunting and here are my finds:

A lovely old fashion tureen (complete with cover and spoon - not shown)

Two delightful cups and saucers. Their size is just between a cup and a bowl, which I love for hot chocolate and such...

What is that paw? The only visible piece of Chinook...

No comments:

Post a Comment