Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What happened

I sat on my bed, with my new hobby, boxes of beads spread out around me... Pasha was on the fringe, itching to jump into the whole thing. Eventually, he hunted down a piece of discarded string, played with it, then started eating it.
I said: ‘Hey, hey, hey! Oh no you don’t eat that!”
I removed the string from his paws and mouth and dropped it in my waste basket.

I suppose the minute my back was turned, he went and helped himself to the string directly from the waste basket. It never even occurred to me that he could do that.

He ate it. It ravaged his intestines, knotting and slicing them. It killed him.

The vet said they see TONS of cats dying from having eaten string, each year. I had no idea. Cat owners, be warned.

Pasha, you have no idea how much you are missed, the awful emptiness you are leaving behind.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:42 PM

    I understand your loss, but saying so cannot really help, can it?



    Blogger refuses to recognise my URL
    http://moreidlethoughts.wordpress.com

    so I am anonymous now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grief is a very lonely place. Any words of support are comforting, their absence cruelly felt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it. I imagine having to go through this and i get teary-eyed. I am warned. All my support to you , B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the process of removing string from our universe right now. What a silly thing, really.

    Pasha, we'll all miss you much. Say hello from one of your nine lives from time to time.

    What, you people didn't know? Cats have nine lives. Just not always in the same skin...

    A hug to the humans, une caresse to the felines. Us 3.

    ReplyDelete